Adrienne Dorison: Creating Habits That Make Your Success Inevitable
Chatting With Champions Podcast Interview #101. Tyler Basu and Adrienne Dorison “Creating Habits That Make Your Success Inevitable”
Adrienne Dorison is a high performance Success Strategist. Working primarily with high achieving professionals including business owners, entrepreneurs, and athletes, Adrienne helps people create the habit of success so they can achieve their goals and find their personal freedom and fulfillment.
Adrienne started building her business on the side while working a corporate job, and within 6 months of starting her business, pay off over $45,000 in student debt, quit her job and take the leap into full-time entrepreneurship.
Today, Adrienne teaches her clients how to overcome the blocks that hold them back, helps them identify what they really want in life, and shows them how to leverage their strengths so that their success and freedom becomes inevitable.
Visit her website at www.adriennedorison.com
Join her Facebook Group: Society of Self Mastery
Topics discussed in this interview:
- How Adrienne got started in business & why you decided to become an entrepreneur
- Building her business part-time while working in a full-time job
- Taking the leap into full-time entrepreneurship
- How to adopt habits that support your success
- How to identify and replace bad habits
- Why achieving perfect balance in life is a myth
- Challenges of building your business part-time and how to overcome them
- Adrienne’s definition of success
- Action steps for aspiring and beginner entrepreneurs
- The easy excuse is to say I don’t have time for that. But the better way to approach it is how can I make time for the things that are important to me?
- There are seasons in peoples’ lives. To try to do everything all at one time is going to be really challenging. But if in this season of your life you’re trying to build a business, then maybe that becomes the more important thing and you can have to create habits that help support that.
- The thing about habits is you have to create systems to support them.
- A lot of people want to change their results, but they don’t want to change the process to get those results.
- If we make decisions based on our feelings all of the time, we won’t get a lot of the results that we want. Some things just need to get done, even if you don’t feel like it.
- I get up really early and put myself first every single day. I’m not getting up and checking email, I’m getting up and putting myself first.
- You should be learning every single day, growing yourself in some capacity.
- We have to define success before we can go get it. For me it’s more about freedom and less about money.
- Entrepreneurship is a marathon, not a sprint. Be consistent and keep moving forward every day.
- Action brings clarity. Don’t wait until you know everything. You’re never going to know everything.