Corey Poirier: Pursuing Your Passions & Achieving Success
Chatting With Champions Podcast Interview #74. Tyler Basu and Corey Poirier “Pursuing Your Passions & Achieving Success”
Corey Poirier is an award winning Speaker, Entrepreneur and Corporate Customer Service & Sales Training Specialist. He is publisher of Island Business News, author of four acclaimed books, creator of three audio programs and the host of a new radio show entitled “Conversations with Passions,” a variety show that features interviews with world-wide leaders. Over the years, Corey has interviewed 2,500 of the world’s high achievers including Jack Canfield , John Gray, Dr. John Izzo, and Chalene Johnson just to name a few.
Topics discussed in this interview:
- Corey’s background and early experiences in business
- Why he left the corporate world to do stand-up comedy
- Why he pivoted from stand-up comedy to professional speaking
- How to get started as a professional speaker
- Why Corey started a radio show and began interviewing successful people
- The best advice Corey has been given from the people he’s interviewed
- Corey’s definition of success
- Advice for aspiring entrepreneurs
- Everything that we’ve done in the past gets us ready for what we’re doing today.
- Some people live their whole life without ever finding their passion.
- Take massive action first, and learn in the trenches as you go.
- The only way you’re going to get really good really quick is to know what you’re doing wrong.
- The law of attraction isn’t as important as the law of action.
- Success is about knowing what your purpose is, living that purpose every day, and helping other people get to their purpose.
- Nobody has ever achieved greatness without stepping outside of their comfort zone.