Jason Treu: Building Key Relationships & Expanding Your Network
Chatting With Champions Podcast Interview #104. Tyler Basu and Jason Treu “Building Key Relationships & Expanding Your Network”
Jason Treu is a business and executive coach. He’s a leading expert on human behavior, influence, leadership, and networking. At the heart of his strategy is the understanding that people and your relationships are your true wealth. Everything we accomplish in life is with or through other people.
He works with experts, entrepreneurs and executives to help them get known and stand out by building key skill sets, creating their brand platform and purpose, and developing key relationships that impact the bottom line. Jason is also the author of Social Wealth, the how-to-guide on building personal and professional relationships.
Visit Jason’s website: www.beextraordinary.tv
Topics discussed in this interview:
- How Jason got started in business and why he became an entrepreneur
- An overview of his journey as an entrepreneur
- Why building relationships with others is so important
- Definition of social wealth
- Where to go to find people to connect with
- How to approach someone and build instant rapport
- Mistakes to avoid in 1-on-1 interactions with others
- How to maintain relationships with people inside and outside your industry
- Challenges faced as an entrepreneur
- Habits and activities that are key to Jason’s success
- Jason’s definition of success
- Action steps for current & aspiring entrepreneurs who want to build more relationships
- The Gifts of Imperfection and Daring Greatly by Brene Brown
- Give and Take by Adam Grant
- Social Wealth by Jason Treu
- The more you invest in yourself the more successful you’ll be.
- It’s easier to get through all the minefields if you have people you can reach out to.
- Every person that you know has a network behind them. If you establish relationships the right way, people will open up their network to you.
- No one ever create a business by themselves. They need people to buy from them.
- Your relationships will be your true wealth in life. Invest in those relationships.
- Very few people are fulfilled. They’re making money, but at the end of the day, that’s not the only reason why we’re here.
- The three building blocks of any relationships are rapport, likeability and trust.
- Find people who are great at what they do, because they can help you be great in those areas.
- If you aren’t your biggest fan, how do you expect anyone else to be?