Joel Boggess: How To Launch & Grow A Successful Podcast
Chatting With Champions Podcast Interview #102. Tyler Basu and Joel Boggess “How To Launch & Grow A Successful Podcast”
Joel Boggess is a bestselling author and front-runner in the world of podcasting and new media.
His latest book, Finding your Voice, hit the #1 spot on Amazon in three categories – success, self-esteem, and happiness; on the same day, in the same hour. He is also the co-host of a podcast called ReLaunch, which within 12 days of launching, soared up the iTunes New and Noteworthy charts and claimed the #1 spot in the business, education, and health categories.
Joel has mastered the art and science of how to develop and execute a podcast launch and growth plan, as well as how to mobilize listeners. His global audience has grown 10-fold in twelve months’ time and he has earned numerous podcast awards including Best Overall and Most Inspirational podcast.
Visit Joel’s website: www.relaunchshow.com
For a list of Joel’s favorite business tools visit www.relaunchshow.com/resources
Topics discussed in this interview:
- How Joel got started in the broadcasting industry
- Why he decided to become an entrepreneur and launch his own podcast
- An overview of the growth of his podcast
- Why podcasting is a great medium for entrepreneurs
- How to start your own podcast
- Launch tips to maximize your podcast’s exposure
- Tips for long-term growth of a podcast
- Challenges entrepreneurs face and how to overcome them
- Specific habits and activities that are key to Joel’s success
- Joel’s definition of success
- Action steps for aspiring and beginner entrepreneurs
- Edgy Conversations by Dan Waldschmidt
- The Compound Effect by Darren Hardy
- Podcast Movement (conference)
- Get it done, then get it right.
- There’s no substitute for keeping your promises. Do what you say you’re going to do, when you said you were going to do it, how you said you were going to do it.
- Keep your word to yourself. Personal accountability is a game changer.