Justin Cooke: How To Buy And Sell Websites For Profit
Chatting With Champions Podcast Interview #94. Tyler Basu and Justin Cooke “How To Buy And Sell Websites For Profit”
Justin Cooke is a partner at Empire Flippers and host of The Empire Podcast. Their business provides a marketplace for buyers and sellers to list and purchase websites and online businesses.
In 2014 their business received over 300,000 website visitors, their podcast had over 200,000 downloads, and to date they’ve sold over $2.5M worth of websites for their clients.
Visit Justin’s website: www.empireflippers.com
Topics discussed in this interview:
- How Justin got started in business and why he became an entrepreneur
- An overview of his journey as an entrepreneur
- An overview of his current business Empire Flippers
- Benefits of buying an existing website vs. starting one from scratch
- How to determine the value of a website
- Justin’s due diligence process when vetting websites
- How to prime your website or online business to sell for maximum value
- Challenges entrepreneurs face and how to overcome them
- Specific habits/activities that are key to Justin’s success
- Justin’s definition of success
- Advice for aspiring entrepreneurs
- A website is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.
- As an entrepreneur, you’re going to go through peaks and valleys. Challenges are a test of character.
- The worst thing that could happen is you close down your doors and go completely out of business. There are other opportunities. It’s not the end of the world.
- If you can make things easier for people, you can charge a premium.
- Even if you don’t sell your business, if you’re building a business that is sellable it just makes your business that much more profitable and efficient.
- As an entrepreneur, I can define my future. I can lay out the path I want to take.
- Have some long term, ridiculous goal in mind. Have a vision of where you want your business to be that is outrageous.