Matyas Fulop: Letting Go Of Your 9-5 To Pursue Your Passions & Build A Business
Chatting With Champions Podcast Interview #99. Tyler Basu and Matyas Fulop “Letting Go Of Your 9-5 To Pursue Your Passions & Build A Business”
Matyas Fulop has been running automotive events in Australia since taking the leap of faith and quitting his job in 2003. In between trips, he continued working on his business and connecting with other like-minded entrepreneurs, and when some of those people implored him to take them along on the next trip, the idea of 9-5 Escape was born. His goal is to incorporate the wild adventure of a motorbike tour through Asia, as well as meeting and getting to know fellow entrepreneurs from many different walks of life and varying experiences and skills.
Visit Matyas’ website: www.9-5escape.com
Topics discussed in this interview:
- How Matyas got started in business and why he became an entrepreneur
- How he transitioned from his 9-5 job to running his business full-time
- How to shift from an employee mindset to an entrepreneur mindset
- Why connecting with entrepreneurs outside of traditional networking events is so impactful
- Challenges faced as an entrepreneur and how he overcame them
- Specific habits and activities that are key to his success
- Matyas’ definition of success
- Advice for aspiring entrepreneurs
- Whatever you think you’re limited by, you’re not limited by those things. What you’re actually limited by is time, because you have no idea how long you’ve got left on this earth.
- Make sure that what you’re doing with your life is worthwhile and it’s actually what you want to do. Stop waiting for the right moment, because it may never come.
- Is what you’re doing leading yourself to where you want to be? If not, then get out of it.
- As long as you’re still providing people with great value don’t be afraid to turn a profit.
- Whatever needs to get done, just do it. No one is going to do the work for you unless you’re paying them.
- Success to me has become much more about experiences and doing things that I enjoy on a daily basis.