Tom Corson-Knowles: How To Build A Six-Figure Business As A Self-Published Author
Chatting With Champions Podcast Interview #81. Tyler Basu and Tom Corson-Knowles “How To Build A Six-Figure Business As A Self-Published Author”
Tom Corson-Knowles is a serial entrepreneur, blogger and international bestselling author. He started his first business at age 13, and by the time he graduated from business school at age 22, he was earning a full-time income from a business that he started in his dorm room.
Tom then decided to share the keys to success that he had learned along his journey to becoming a financially independent entrepreneur through his books, videos, and seminars. Today, he teaches new and established authors how to achieve incredible success by writing and selling ebooks on Amazon Kindle.
Tom is the founder of Ebook Publishing School, a free video training program for any author who wants to learn how to successfully write, publish, and market their own ebooks. He is also the founder of TCK Publishing, the premier ebook publishing firm that provides advanced marketing support for its clients.
Topics discussed in this interview:
- Tom’s background and how he got started in business
- An overview of Tom’s journey as an entrepreneur
- Why he decided to become an author
- Challenges entrepreneurs face and how to overcome them
- Benefits of becoming an author
- Self-publishing vs. traditional publishing
- Crucial steps to make a book a success
- How to build a sustainable business and a six-figure annual income as an author
- Mistakes to avoid as an author/entrepreneur
- Tom’s definition of success
- Advice for aspiring entrepreneurs
- Being an entrepreneur is all about freedom. The money is great but for me, it’s not about having a big bank account. It’s about what money can do for me. It gives me the freedom to do what I want to do with my life.
- I think entrepreneurship is the greatest pursuit or endeavour that people can partake in because it is essentially all about creating solutions to problems that people have.
- The heart of entrepreneurship is marketing, and marketing is connecting with customers that have problems and showing them that you have a solution for them.
- If you’re not uncomfortable, if you’re not feeling fear and anxiety and some amount of stress in your life, it’s because you’re not doing anything significant.
- I look at uncomfortable situations as opportunities for growth, a chance to break through to another level.
- You can rush through your entire life and miss it if you’re not really present and grateful for what you have.
- I’ve seen a lot of entrepreneurs who are “successful” but they’re not happy with their life because they never stop to acknowledge the amazing journey they’re on and all that they’ve accomplished.
- If you’re an entrepreneur and you’re the face of your business, having a published book is really powerful. It’s a powerful marketing and branding tool, and it really tells people that you are the expert in your field.
- Success is freedom. It’s the ability to live the life you really want to live.
- Don’t be afraid to make mistakes. You’re going to make mistakes and you’re going to make lots of them. Mistakes are how you learn.